Making Healthy Choices While Grieving
When you are dealing with the loss of a loved one, you may find it very difficult to look after yourself and stay healthy. However, it is never a good idea to ignore your health, especially at a time like this. You will need to make various decisions about the funeral service and have the energy to organize everything correctly. It becomes easy to reach for fast foods to satiate your hunger, and this can harm your health.
Make Healthy Choices While Grieving
- When you are grieving, you must make healthy choices. The right kind of food will give you the strength you require to deal with your grief as well as make more sound decisions. Here are some of the things you can do:
- Take some time out and shop for various healthy foods such as fresh produce leafy greens, nuts, milk etc.
- Stay away from processed foods as these will only make you feel lethargic.
- Avoid caffeinated beverages such as coffee and tea, and consume fresh lemonade, green tea, or decaf coffee. You will feel more refreshed and energetic enough to handle all the things you need to.
- Stock-up on healthy snacks such as fresh fruits, yoghurt, and granola bars. You can grab these when you are feeling hungry but not enthusiastic enough to cook something for yourself.
- Plan your weekly food schedule and make sure you have all the necessary ingredients to cook healthy meals for yourself.
- Try to get some exercise- you can go for a walk in green surroundings as these will help you clear your head and make you feel a little better.
Have any questions about obituary, cremation, or related funeral services, contact us, or give us a call (604) 888-9895. We at Arbutus Funeral Service will be happy to help.