What To Expect Before The Funeral
When you lose a family member, there are many different things that you need to focus on and plan. While you are dealing with your grief and loss, you also need to make all the funeral service arrangements. Take a look at the things you can expect to before the funeral:
- Consult with the funeral director and have a detailed discussion about the type of services you need. If you aren’t too sure about how the service needs to be planned, get their inputs. They are experienced professionals with a wealth of information. They can lead you in the right direction and provide you with all the information you need.
- The will manage the transportation and help out with acquiring the death certificate copies and the cremation permit (if your loved one is to be cremated).
- The funeral director will also need some basic details about the deceased person. You would need to keep ready information such the decedent’s full name and their security number.
- The professional will also ask for details like the names of the person’s parents, children and spouse (if any).
- Recent photos, education history, work history and religious affiliations are some of the other pieces of information that the funeral home would ask for.
All of this information would be required to plan the funeral service. They will also organize for either a priest or celebrant as per your requirements and preferences. Depending on whether you have selected a burial or cremation, they will plan all of the other aspects after consulting you.
For information about our services, contact us, or give us a call (604) 888-9895. We at Arbutus Funeral Service will be happy to help with all the funeral arrangements you need.