Importance Of Personalizing A Funeral/Memorial Service
Can death be a celebration of life rather than only mourning and grieving? Can we center the funeral and memorial services on the departed loved one, rather than our emotions overshadowing everything that the deceased was?
Personalization of funeral and memorial services brings to the fore memorable aspects of the loved one’s life, adds a touch of warmth and beauty to the final goodbye. The idea of personalization is catching on. New thoughts are finding expression to add a touch of uniqueness to the funeral and memorial services.
A Change In Set Pattern
Traditional funerals follow a set pattern based on religious beliefs and their continuity for generations. Any change in rituals and ceremonies is treated as a breach of traditions and avoided. The deceased’s family doesn’t really think about adding a unique touch to it. This changes with personalization.
Why Personalization Is Important
- Importance of personalization of funeral and memorial services lies in:
- Expressing your love, respect, fondness through personal touches to the funeral and memorial services.
- Celebrating the life of the loved one through a focus on his/her personal life and values.
- Adding personal touches like music that create a warm environment for the farewell and helps recall fond memories.
- Making even traditional services special, relevant and meaningful.
Once you decide to add a personal touch to the funeral or memorial service, it is important to discuss your requirements with the funeral director for proper planning. Funeral services will be a fitting tribute to the deceased with family members and friends adding personal content to it.
Personalization of funeral and memorial services is gaining in acceptance as people realize how unique and beautiful a final farewell can be made in sync with the personality of a loved one. If you have any questions about helping yourself heal from loss, just contact us or give us a call (604) 888-9895. We at Arbutus Funeral Service will be happy to help.