Understanding Funeral Pricing
Most people aren’t aware of exactly how expensive a funeral can be until they are actually confronted with the expenses suddenly. This process involves the services of various funeral home employees, which is reflected in the amount you pay for the funeral.
At Arbutus Funeral Service we have handled a number of funerals and can provide you all the information you need about the expenses involved. Here are the different costs you can expect:
Standard funeral expenses
Funeral homes are permitted to charge a standard fee for the services they provide. The fee needs to include the costs of all the basic funeral services offered by most establishments which include the following:
- Funeral planning
- Acquiring licenses, permits, the copies of death certificates and notices from the local authorities.
- Making necessary arrangements with the crematory or cemetery
- Sheltering the remains until the time of cremation or burial
The funeral home will provide all these basic services and their fee will be included in it too. It’s important that you check for any hidden charges and exemptions as these can add to the cost they have quoted.
The funeral homes also arrange for certain services & goods on your behalf if you need them. The cost of services listed below may be included in the standard fees. However, most funeral homes will charge additionally for these services:
- Transportation of the remains to the crematory, funeral home, or cemetery.
- Hearse/limousine service.
- Embalming the person & other related preparation.
- Containers for remains such as casket, and urns.
- Graveside service, memorial service, visitation, funeral ceremony
You will also be required to pay a cash advance, which includes payments for services/goods that the funeral home needs to acquire from any third-party vendors. Flowers, musicians, clergy or a celebrant, pallbearers, etc., will attract additional charges.
If you have any questions related to funeral services or want to organize one, just contact us or give us a call (604) 888-9895. We at Arbutus Funeral Service will be happy to help.