What Can You do with the Ashes of a Cremated Loved One?
Cremation is becoming a more popular option for many people. They find that this is more affordable, and many people prefer to do this as it means that they always have a piece of that person with them. Due to the popularity of this option, there are many ways that these ashes can be used once the ceremony is over.
What You Can do with the Ashes of a Loved One
- Sprinkle the ashes in a favorite spot so that the loved one is here for eternity. This is a common process, but be sure that this is allowed in the area that you choose.
- Place the ashes into an urn that can be placed in a home. This is very popular and another common option.
- Get a tattoo with the ashes. Many tattoo artists are dabbling in mixing ink with the ashes of a loved one to ensure that that loved one is under your skin for many years to come.
- Take these ashes and create a diamond that can be worn.
- Have these ashes placed into a decorative container that can be worn as jewelry.
- Bury these ashes with another loved one at the cemetery. This is a great option for those who are having trouble finding a burial spot.
- Have the ashes turned into a vinyl record with music and cover art that you choose to best represent this lost loved one.
- Have a glass paperweight made with the ashes of a loved one, so that you can always have them with you, even when working.
Whatever you decide to do with the ashes, we can help you understand your options. Here at Arbutus Funeral Services we work with funeral and cremation services.