Ways To Say Goodbye To A Loved One
It’s always tough to bid adieu to a loved one who has left for his or her heavenly abode. Even if the person had been ailing and you knew the end was near, when that moment finally comes, you may not find it easy to come to terms with the loss. Every person has a specific personality and that means they respond to a situation in a certain way. However, you can say your last goodbye to someone who has passed away in many different ways.
Ways to Say Farewell
There are no hard and fast rules to how you can say farewell and at Arbutus Funeral Service, we believe that you should say your goodbye in a way most meaningful to you. Here are some ideas:
- Write a lovely goodbye note; it’s a good way to share your feelings. You can read the note at the memorial or funeral service. You can pour your feelings into the words and it may help you cope with your loss better.
- Collect notes, stories, and photos of the person and create a scrapbook that can become the go-to point when you want to reminisce about your loved one.
- Song and poetry are other ways to bid farewell and many people find it brings them some solace.
- Plant a shrub or tree in that person’s memory. Once it grows and blooms it will add beauty to the surroundings and be a permanent reflection of how much the person meant to you.
- Volunteering or donating to a charity that your loved one supported is another good way to honor the decedent.
If you want any details about our services, please contact us and discuss your requirements with our funeral director at Arbutus Funeral Service. They will help you preplan a funeral service if you need it.