How Do You Say Good-Bye?
When you lose a loved one, saying goodbye is never easy. Even if you had a sufficient amount of time and were aware that a person was ailing or dying, bidding adieu is difficult. In addition, every person is different, which means that his or her experience would be unique. Therefore, if you are in a position where you have to say goodbye to a loved one, you might be wondering what the right way to do it is.
Some Ways To Say Goodbye
The fact is that there is no right or wrong way. We at Arbutus Funeral Service believe that what you do needs to be meaningful for you and your loved one and that is the most important thing.
- One of the first things you can do is to write a loving farewell letter. Sometimes, people need to express what they are feeling and they can do this at a funeral or memorial service. While you find your way through the different stages of grief, writing a goodbye letter can help you come to terms with your loss.
- You can also create an album or scrapbook with pictures, notes, stories, or any other writing and content that you like. This book can become a memento of the wonderful time that you have spent together with someone close to you.
- Many people also like to pay their tributes through song and music and that is another good way to say goodbye.
- Planting trees in your loved one’s memory is one way to focus on life and it can help you come out of your sadness anxiety and depression. Gardening can be a very soothing activity especially if your loved one enjoyed it.
- Doing something for a charitable Institution in the memory of someone you have lost is another way to say goodbye.
For any information on our customized funeral services, feel free to call Arbutus Funeral Service and our funeral director will help plan and organize a service befitting your loved one.