Top Tips On Staying Safe In Public During The Pandemic
Staying safe during this time is all about self-isolation and social distancing. But there are times when you would have to step out. It could be to buy some essentials or run a small errand. Here are some top tips on staying safe in public during the pandemic:
- You must maintain a distance of around 6 feet with other people around you.
- Make it a point to avoid confined areas such as small rooms or crowded elevators, if possible, as you might inhale the virus unknowingly.
- It is common for people to touch door handles, railings, products, and credit cards when they are out. If you keep your hands away from your face, nose, and eyes, it reduces the chances of the virus getting into your system.
- Always wear a mask when you head out. Regardless of whether you have a cold cough or not. While there is no substantial evidence that masks help to protect you from the COVID-19 virus, it can help to curb the spread.
- You must wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds multiple times a day, even if you are stepping out of your house. Wash your hands without fail before you step out or come back home after your errands. It's best to use a hand wash rather than a hand sanitizer. The former is more effective.
- You can carry a sanitizer with you when you are stepping out and use it in case you touch any surface or products.
Always follow these tips no matter how many people are around you in a public place and it’s better to be safe than sorry. Have any questions about cremation and related funeral services during a pandemic? Just contact us or give us a call (604) 888-9895. We at Arbutus Funeral Service will be happy to help.